- Select cuttings (slips) from vigorous, healthy plants.
- Houseplants: use tips 2 to 6 inches long from stems that break easily.
- Shrubs: summer cuttings of half-ripened wood root are best.
- Remove any leaves or flowers at the base of the cutting.
- Dip the base of the cutting into Rootone about 1/4 inch deeper than it will be set in the rooting medium.
- Make the hole in which you will insert the cutting wide enough so that none of the Rootone is scraped off during planting.
- Tap off any excess powder, and insert the cutting into the rooting medium.
- Cover at least one node on the cutting and then firm the medium around cutting to remove air pockets.
- Keep the cutting in medium shade and keep the medium somewhat moist until the root sets. The rooting process will take 3 to 5 weeks or longer, depending on plant species.
Notice: Buyer and user assume all risk and liability of use, storage, and/or handling of this product not in accordance with the terms of this label. Read the entire package label first before using this product, observe all precautions, and follow directions carefully.